Facts and Figures
The Montana Brewers Association was founded in 1998 and supports the needs of Montana Brewers and their customers.
- MBA members are committed to producing the finest handcrafted beers found anywhere.
- Montana made beers are a value-added product, using malted grains grown in Montana and throughout the Northwest.
- Members of the MBA are devoted to the communities in which they live. MBA members contribute annually over $100,000 to more than 400 local charitable organizations.
- Montana breweries have become an integral piece of the experience of Montana, and are a cultural attraction for many toursists visiting our great state.
- MBA members strive to have a positive impact on Montana communities by providing equal employment opportunities and paying a living wage.
- MBA members support and employ the services of other local and Montana based businesses whenever possible.
- There are 73 breweries operating in the state, with 12 known breweries in planning as of February 2018.
- Distribute products through Montana’s beer and wine wholesale distributors.
- Pay local, state, and federal taxes in personal property, income, real estate, and excise categories.