Montana Brewers Host 2,400 at 4th Festival
On an absolutely perfect fall day, with no smoke to be seen anywhere, the 4th Annual Montana Brewers Festival went off without a hitch at Caras Park on Saturday, Oct. 6. 76 Montana Made Beers from 21 Montana breweries were enjoyed by 2,400 patrons while 4 bands entertained. 23 new Festival Release Beers were unveiled to the delight of the crowd, and the smiles were on for the entire day. So good was the event that the Montana Brewers Association has announced that the 5th Annual Festival will be at Caras Park on September 28, 2013. We hope to bring back the same excitement, enjoyment, and fun, and to do it with even more Montana brewers. And, we will do a 2013 Festival Release Beer and the brewers have one whole year to build it. So get ready Missoula, because here we come again!
A special thanks to the brewers, the sponsors, the bands, the food vendors, and the attendees who made this come together for a very special day.
The Beers were judged by the Zoo City Zymurgists; The Winners are:
- Best of Show: Lewis and Clark Brewing Co.'s Red Ale
- Best of the Fest: Lewis and Clark Brewing Co.'s Red Ale
- Best Light Lager: Wildwood Brewing Co. Czech Pils
- Best Amber/Red: Lewis and Clark Brewing Co.'s Red Ale
- Best Oktoberfest: The Front's Oktoberfest
- Best Dark Ale: 406 Brewing Co's Brown Porter
- Best IPA: Lewis and Clark Brewing Co.'s Tumbleweed IPA
- Best Light Ale: Tamarack Brewing Co's Sip N Go Naked Apricot Ale
- Best Wheat/Rye: Wildwood Brewing Co's Organic White Bark Wheat
- Best Pale Ale: Great Norther Brewing Co's Frog Hop 2012
- Best Belgian: Blackfoot River's Montana Style Lambic
- Best Stout: Blackfoot River's Double Black Diamond Stout
- Best Imperial: Madison River's Green Emerger Fresh Hop Imperial IPA
And from Asa Hohman, the President of the Zoo City Zymurgists: "This was the finest Brewfest I have ever had the pleasure to judge. The quality of the beers that were on display was superb. There were many beers that scored as exellent representations of their stated style and quite a few that were considered world class examples of their stated style. Montana's Breweries have truly shown themselves to be exceptional. Thanks to all the brewers and staff for making this one of the best brewfests."